Pathways to Prosperity 2013 Annual Conference – Poster Presentations
A poster session featuring recent work by members of Pathways to Prosperity was held on Friday, November 15, 2013 as a part of the Pathways to Prosperity 2013 Annual Conference.
1. Rida Abboud, Jaime Enachescu, and Jeny Mathews-Thusoo, Calgary LIP – Building a Welcoming Community through the Calgary Local Immigration Partnership
2. Chéla Breckon, Renfrew & Lanark LIP – Madameek
3. Syeda Nayab Bukhari, Simon Fraser University – Building Social Capital: Lived Experiences of Skilled Immigrant Women and Men from South Asia
4. Linamar Campos-Flores, Université de Sherbrooke – Made Invisible: The Emotional Costs of Circular Migration of Mexican Farming Workers and Their Families in Quebec – A Perspective on Intercultural Mediation
5. April Carrière, Ottawa Multicultural Media Initiative – Multicultural Media in Practice. A Look at Four Ethno-cultural Communities in Ottawa
6. Bernard Delpeche, Acadia University – The Integration of Visible Minority Francophones in Nova Scotia Universities
7. Stella Dentakos, York University – What’s Culture Got To Do With it? The Role of Acculturation Motivation in the International Student Experience
8. Haweiya Egeh, Toronto South Local Immigration Partnership – Hard Lessons: Newcomers and Ontario Private Colleges
9. Secil Erdogan, York University, Jennifer Long, Melissa Stachel, and Victoria Esses, University of Western Ontario – Perceptions of Workplace Integration: Does Diversity Mean Inclusion?
10. Xiaohong Feng, University of Calgary – Through the Eyes of Chinese Immigrant Parents: Rethinking Intercultural Friendship Between Immigrant Youth and Their Host Peers
11. Maud Francis, University of Prince Edward Island – Islanders by Choice: Lebanese Integration on Prince Edward Island
12. Huda Hussein and Umera Ali, London & Middlesex LIP, Phillipa Myers, University of Western Ontario – Celebrating Our Successes: London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership
13. Ann H. Kim and Reem Attieh, York University – Agency Data on Migration (ADMIG) Pilot Project
14. Carlo Lavoie, University of Prince Edward Island – The LINKS Project: An Example of Local Initiative in Economic Immigration
15. Xuemei Li, Memorial University of Newfoundland – What Affects Newcomers’ Job Opportunities in Newfoundland?
16. Ariadna Sachdeva, University of Regina – Challenging Linguistic Uniformity in Canada: The Case of the Chinese Diaspora in Vancouver, BC